Sampling Vector Scope
Video image quality is often determined by a combination of multiple factors such as camera alignment and calibration. The location of the production and the brands of connected video devices especially under Electronic Field Production (EFP) conditions can cause variable image quality in terms of brightness, colour saturation, and white balance between different video sources. Traditionally, experienced camera operators would align equipment before a production in order to avoid too much time and resources being spent on adjusting images in post production.
In order to make this alignment process easier and more efficient, Datavideo presents the VS-100, a cost-effective Sampling Vectorscope and Waveform monitor. This unit provides quick, accurate and standardized ways to calibrate and align signals from cameras and other video equipment. Its small size and DC voltage input means that it can be a go-anywhere engineering tool when paired with a HD / SD monitor like the Datavideo TLM-700HD or a rack based studio tool when paired with a TLM-702HD monitor. Alternatively it can be used with any HDMI or SDI monitor.
The VS-100 can be used to test and compare the accuracy of incoming video signals from cameras and/or connected equipment. The VS-100 can accept either SDI or HD-SDI input for signal analysis. The VS-100 can be set up to provide a clean video loop through on SDI/HD-SDI whilst still allowing technical monitoring on its HDMI output. Alternatively the scope view can also be displayed as a 1280 x 720 HD-SDI output.
- Rugged and compact single unit that requires only an HD-SDI or HDMI monitor
- Menu choice of Vectorscope, Histogram, Waveform and Parade displays as well as clean Video Display output (SDI to HDMI conversion)
- SDI / HD-SDI input
- SDI / HD-SDI loop through – can provide clean pictures or technical monitoring
- Automatically detects and locks to NTSC, PAL or HD signals
- Embedded SDI audio peak meter with selectable monitoring for four stereo pairs
- Switchable 4:3 / 16:9 video thumbnail when input signal is SD-SDI
- Headphone jack audio monitoring socket with menu based volume control
- Save and Recall trace menu options for quick and easy overlay comparison of video traces
- Parade Display can be toggled between RGB and YCbCr
- Vectorscope can be toggled between 75% and 100% graticules/bars
- Waveform detail can be zoomed 20%, 40%, 60% and 100% - various parts of the waveform can then viewed by changing the X Delay value
- Capture sampling can be by Field1, Field 2 or Frame
- DC 12V operation makes the unit ideal for field or studio operation
VS-100 Supported SDI / HD-SDI Input Video Formats
- 720 x 576i / 50 Hz (PAL) / 60 Hz (NTSC)
- 1280 x 720p 29.97 Hz / 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080i / 50 Hz / 59.94 Hz / 60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080p / 24 Hz / 25 Hz/ 30 Hz
NOTE: All VS-100 scope views are displayed at 1280 x 720p regardless of input video format.
- 1x VS-100 Product
- 1x AD Switch DC 12V
- 1x Thank You Card